Saturday, December 17, 2011

"Hot Air Balloons And More" Acrylic Canvas 40" x 48"

A few years back this painting hung in a local art gallery and received quite a few positive reviews.  My vague idea was to paint a very tranquil scene of a few small hot air balloons quietly floating over a pastural green field.  When I got into my "art zone" I let myself go and this painting directed itself to completion. I think that is exactly how one of kind truly creative works happen.  I am happy it happened to me.  I hope others enjoy viewing this painting as much as I enjoyed  painting it.  
Happy Holidays everyone!  
 Michael

1 comment:

  1. Rose,
    Thank you for your wonderful comments and support!
    I have been on a hot air balloon ride and it was a thrill of a life time. I more than highly recommend this adventure in flying for everyone. I took my hot air balloon trip off the magnificent south coast of Massachusetts. The pilot was able to softly skim the bottom of the basket on a local river and "rest" for a few seconds on the top of very high oak tree. We ended the trip with a very gentle landing on a local field of pumpkins. Nice way to spend an early autumn New England evening. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete